Thursday, August 10, 2006


It Feels like 1993 ( well sorta)

Back in the early 90's a little label called Alias Records was the home of some of my favorite bands of the time. This famed roster included the likes of Archers of Loaf and Small 23. Although times have changed and these bands are no longer I hold the label and those 2 bands in high esteem and often return to these records from time to time.

It appears that I am not alone in my man love for this gritty indie rock of yore. Did I really just use yore in a sentence? Many have attempted to borrow from this catalog but just never could pull it off without sounding derivative and utlimately flat. That is until Now.


The North Atlantic
- Wires in the Walls has just landed a sucker punch squarely in my face. This Michigan transplated to San Diego 3 piece has delivered where others have failed with equal parts post punk and pop hooks.
A Dash of post-punk with a heap of Archers of Loaf,and a splash of Fugazi.
All influences aside this record is just to good to put into words. To put it simply The North Atantic will kick your ass and you'll like it.

Check them out here: www.thenorthatlantic.com

No comments: