Time Flies Around You
It seems like I was just rambling on about the 4th of July and here we are 14 days later. Where does the time go? I wish I knew. My job has been sucking the life out of me. So to say I'm gald to see another temporary end aproaching is putting it mildly.
My buddy March to Sea always says when in doubt go with a list so here you go.
10 Things that make it all bearable
1. Nicole (Mrs Evil Speakers) and the little ones on the beach and smiles all around.
We have an off road beach that makes the beach with 2 little boys under 5 a lot of fun.
2. The excellence of The Eraser from Thom Yorke.
3. The cold Newcastle Brown Ales chilling in the fridge.
4. Steak Tips on the grill after the mandatory marination in the Evil Speakers special sauce.
5. The Shuffle feature on my Nomad. I never used this till recently, but now I can't stop. 4000 of my favorites played at the will. From GBV to Big Star to The Pogues it all sounds good to these ears.
6. Ice Coffee now I'm not a coffee guy but there's something about Dunkin Donuts Ice Coffee. The Coffee nazi's will shun me for that one. To hell with them!
7. Magnet Magazine- Just a great publication. Pick up the new issue with Stuart Murdoch from Belle and Sebastian. It's choc full of indie rock goodness.
8. KEXP- After an 8 year run working on the air in comercial radio I soured on todays sad excuse for rock programming. Until I discovered kexp.org the greatest radio station on earth. Check it out.
9. My DVR/Tivo that stores all of my late night performances from bands I like but just can't stay awake for. As well as the latest episodes of Entourage.
10.Bacon. Give it to me with my eggs or slap it on my burger it doesn't matter. Just give me bacon. mmmmm Bacon (Homer Simpson voice)