Thursday, September 28, 2006

(R)October

Forgive the classic rock radio title, but what else can describe the month of new releases coming our way in October. I may need to start collecting cans or at least scrap metals to finance my music habit this month.
Here's just a quick look at some my anticipated releases.



The Hold Steady-Boys and Girls in America
The 3rd release from Craig Finn & Co. set to be release on October 3rd. Based on some of the tracks I've heard this could be the bands finest hour.



The Decemberists- The Crane Wife
Another installment of literal rock and songs of ancient mariners.
ok to be honest I have no idea what the songs about because I have yet to hear a note, but it's a safe bet. The Decemberists never disappoint and I expect this to rival last years fantastic Picturesque.


Robert Pollard- Normal Happiness
The 2nd full length of 2006 on Merge not to mention the 3 side project that Bob's released this year. This is far and away my most anticipated release of the fall. With assistance from producer/multi-instrumentalist Todd Tobias Normal Happiness finds Bob charging through a concise yet stellar song cycle that fulfills all expectations. These songs will stick to your brain like rubber cement.
Yes that's a good thing.

Listen hereNormal Happiness Stream

You would expect that would be enough to keep me going, but no.
There also new records coming in October from The Pernice Brothers, The Dears, Portastatic, and Califone. People drive me nuts when they complain of the lack of quality music being released. I have friends that claim that people don't make good records anymore or there's nothing new worth listening to. To that I will respond especially after this onslaught of fall releases, are you out of your fucking mind?

No comments: