Friday, October 6, 2006

37

It's been a great week and I thought it was time to get off my ass and share. On Tuesday I celebrated my birthday with My wife and my two boys. Can I just say it rocked, because it did. It was exactly what I wanted, a nice dinner at home, a gift or two and some cake. It's amazing to me that the older I get the less I need in terms celebrations. I remember when I turned 30 my wife planned a surprise party which was great don't get me wrong, but for some reason this year trumped all others.

Now that I got the sentimental crap out the way lets talk gifts. I received a 30GB iPod. I've been using a non-Apple mp3 player for the past 3 years or so and thought I knew what was up with digital music players. Nope not even close. I'm like a little kid on Christmas with a favorite new toy.


So naturally I needed some new music for this occasion so off to Newbury Comics I went. I knew what I wanted as I've been waiting for the release of new records from The Hold Steady, The Decemberists, and Pernice Brothers. I was in and out before I could do too much damage. As my family and friends can attest to leaving me alone in record/music store can result in sever debt. All 3 of these albums are worth your time and need your attention, but I'd be liar if I told you they've all been getting equal playing time. I just can't get enough of the new album from The Hold Steady this should be required listening for anyone from ages 16 to 50.

1 comment:

March2theSea said...

ipods are the best..welcome to the club..FINALLY.